Monday, February 21, 2011

2010 100+ Reading Challenge

J. Kaye's 100+ Reading Challenge

I've decided to join this challenge with my current goal of getting through my TBR pile which is outrageous to me! I've even been on a book buying hiatus since the FALL! Gah! It's killing me to not have Double Blind or Bone Magic yet!!

So, I think I've had a good start so far for the month of January. I've read the 1st 7 books of the Sookie Stackhouse series, 1 from the Color series (really don't know what to call it), the 1st 3 of the Morganville Vampires series & I'm currently reading Noah by Jacquelyn Frank (which I'd misplaced for over a year!). I'm just going to verify when I started reading the Sookie books because I can only count them if I started them on 01.01.10.

update: I checked my Twitter stuff. I started Dead Until Dark (Sookie #1) on 12.30.09, so it doesn't count toward the challenge. I'm already on book 11 for the year! Which tells me a few things: 1. I'm in one of my reading binges which usually is followed by a few months of very light reading; 2. I really enjoyed the series I started & 3. & most importantly...I need a life!

If this sounds like something you want to do, just click on the banner above. It should take to J. Kaye's signup post.

Happy Reading!

btw, I'm #645 on J.Kaye's Mr. Linky list.

2010 BOOKS READ:

JANUARY
1. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #2)
2. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #3)
3. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #4)
4. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #5)
5. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #6)
6. All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #7)
7. Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Colors series #1)
8. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (The Morganville Vampires #1)
9. The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine (The Morganville Vampires #2)
10. Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine (The Morganville Vampires #3)
11. Noah by Jacquelyn Frank (Nightwalker Series #5)
12. Ecstasy by Jacquelyn Frank (Shadowdwellers Series #1)
13. A Taste of Magic by Tracy Madison (Magic? series #1)

FEBRUARY
14. A Stroke of Magic by Tracy Madison (Magic? series #2)
15. Sisters by Danielle Steele
16. Stealing Home by Sherryl Woods (Sweet Magnolias series #1)
17. A Slice of Heaven by Sherryl Woods (Sweet Magnolias series #2)
18. Feels Like Home by Sherryl Woods (Sweet Magnolias series #3)
*I'll be looking for more of her books eventually.*
19. not sure yet. Was going to read Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James but it looks like it's the last of a sisters series (Essex sisters?). Ssssooo...I have to look for the rest. Hopefully, they're in the TBR. *le sigh*

MARCH

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER


originally posted 01.22.10

9 comments:

Christine said...

OMG! You've read 11 books already? OH Wow. I'm so jealous. I had hoped to read 8 books and am only reading book 5 right now. Oy! But my second one was really long.... at 563 pages. Kinda like two. Almost. LOL. Keep up the pace!

Did you start reading NAKED IN DEATH yet? Omg this series is amazing. I'm reading CEREMONY IN DEATH... it's the fifth book, but I read the first four in winter of 2007. LOL.

Miss you!!!!!!!

Good luck with your challenges, luv.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 100+ Reading Challenge of 2010. I’m so excited about this reading challenge. If you are like me, there are so many books on your shelf waiting to be read. Have fun!

dd03 said...

Thanks C & J. Kaye! Already my reading has come to a halt this month, but I'm sure I have another reading binge.

Tracy said...

Wow good for you. I think I'd need to take a couple of years reading at least a book a day to get through my tbr (ebooks included in that).

Great start on you 100 challenge!

dd03 said...

Thanks Tracy!

I ALMOST broke down in Target when I took my niece shopping. She wanted a book but couldn't find one. So I was gonna buy one for me instead. Natch. But I stopped myself!

Since I can't afford to see Bon Jovi for my bday...I'm buying books instead.

*wiggles fingers* I think I need to start making a list. As a matter of fact...I think I started a TBR/TBP list somewhere's on here!
lol

Executive Walls said...

"THE MASTER KEY SYSTEM"

"THE MYTH OF SISYPHUS"

GREAT TITLES.
------

THE TRUTH IS MORE COMPELLING.
ANTI-EST.

SepticTank.co.uk said...

That's A LOT of books! Hope it goes well!

hapi said...

Hi dd03, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

mahak said...

Best Networking Training Institute in India for most demanded IT Certification Training "CCIE".it is a Cisco Certification Training in india.
visit www.networkace.in for more details