Sunday, May 04, 2008

Amy's Kitchen

I've found some wonderful blogs, sites, & recipes through some of my searches and following links and reviews at various places, starting usually with Go Dairy Free & their blog.

A wonderful resource for prepared no-dairy foods is a brand called Amy's. I believe the family business goes by Amy's Kitchen. You can see their food products in their Kitchen. I like the drop down menu for selections on allergies that provides a list of the major ones. You can select your allery, and it brings up a list of foods that accomodates that allergy. ssswweet!

Once I saw their site, I had to find where the products. I finally found them at a Clark's Food Market. There was quite a selection there, but, not all of it was vegan/no-dairy. I made 5 selections: Vegetable Pot Pie, Roasted Vegetable Pocket, Vegetable Pocket, Shepherd's Pie, & Roasted Vegetable Pizza.

Shepherd's Pie:

The filling was like a nice vegetable soup. Very tasty. I don't get to eat pot pies and such very much anymore, so it was a nice treat. The potato topper was ok. The mashed potatoes had a texture to them...which I've found is true in many frozen mashed potatoes. So that was not a turn off for me at all...was just nice to have mashed potatoes that I didn't have to make!

I would have liked my potatoes browned. So if I had a toaster oven, I would use it with this dish.


Vegetable Pie in a Pocket Sandwich:

Man...was it nice to have a pocket again! I love Hot Pockets!!
The filling was pretty good. Nice veggies...but I missed the meat. I love chicken and turkey pot pies/pockets. Hmmm...it's been a while since I ate that, but, I think their might have been bits of tofu, which I didn't mind. Not my fave thing in the world, but it'll do in a pinch...and someone actually knows how to cook it!! lol
Also, the dough was...umm...dense, maybe? Definitely not a Hot Pocket type of dough. It was a little more like pizza dough...which isn't a bad thing.

Lastly, a Roasted Vegetable Pie in a Pocket.
I know that it exist...because I ate the same day I had the Veggie pocket at work. However, I can't find it on the Products list.
...but I know that I ate!

O.O no....really! lol

Seriously, I remember biting into it thinking...this isn't what I bought! I thought it said Roast & Vegetable Pie in a Pocket...y'know with MEAT!!!

bah! So tricked me!

Anyway...wasn't too bad...I'm just not a big veggie eater. Also, when it comes to veggies...I like them to flavor my food, especially peppers, not necessarily eat them though! Like fajitas, I love the peppers and onions to flavor my chicken or steak...but I tend to leave the veggies on the plate!

Wha? o.O

*Ouch* Stop making like the V8 commercial!!
*rubs forehead*
^__^

Anyway, I haven't tried the other two items at they need to be put in the oven...and as I said...I'm not a kitchen person.
I'm learning.

No comments: