Sunday, May 04, 2008

Snacks for the Milk Allergy afflicted

Here are a couple of treats I found at Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Ginger Snaps:

These are crunchy little cookies with a nice kick of ginger in them!
You get 5 cookies per serving at 140 calories (50 calories fat).
Ingredients: Gluten free flour, sugar, canola oil, molasses, ginger, soy lecithin, eggs, baking soda, sea salt, natural flavors.

Allergy warning: made on equipment shared with milk, peanuts, & tree nuts.

I can eat these and do not seem to have a problem with them. I like to dunk them in my coffee!

My only problem is...I tried their Triple Ginger Snaps first. Big mistake!!! I liked them better...but they had some sort of milk product in them.

Now...I still buy them...for my aunite who loves them! So wrong!

Here's a review I found at Snack Lounge.


Next up...
Trader Joe's Soy Creamy Mini Chocolate Sandwiches
I have tried a soy vanilla ice cream before, but it was just ok. However, I was craving ice cream. When you haven't had it in so long...ya try ANYTHING! So I gave these a try...figured it would hit 2 cravings at once...ice cream and chocolate.

I have to say, I'm rather surprised! Not too bad. Didn't have a lot of after taste, was chocolatey...chocolate ice cream with a chocolate cookie.

According to Trader Joes, they are listed under their Vegan foods, which means: "Vegan
Products that are free of all animal products and /or by-products, including meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, honey, gelatin, lanolin, confectioner’s glaze and carmine."

So there. I'm good....except I tend to eat 2 at a time.

Serving size is 1 sandwich at 90 calories (20 calories fat). I couldn't find the ingredient list because I threw away my one and only box. *shrugs* Found the calories at The Daily Plate. No reviews or pics there.

Ok...that's it for now.
Coming soon...Amy's Kitchen stuff

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love those ginger snaps from Trader Joe's. They're really great and I don't even have a dairy or gluten problem. Yum.

And our Trader Joe's doesn't carry those soy cream sandwiches, but they look so good. We have tofutti soy cream sandwiches, which are yummy. I think there are product differences between the West and East Coast Trader Joe's.

Looking forward to your reviews on Amy's stuff....