Monday, June 23, 2008

My 0715 wake up call this am....

...was an EARTHQUAKE!


It's quite disorienting to wake up to the sound of a very loud train coming at you...especially since I live about 4 blocks from one...and NEVER sounds that loud!!! Then of course the shaking hit.

Wasn't bad...just took me by surprise...which it shouldn't have as it was bound to happen with this extreme change in weather.
Anywho...all is well. No damages reported that I know of.

So, called my auntie & brothers...got most of them. Then called my moms...as she freaks, panics when she sees the news...then starts to frantically try and get ahold of us. Thought I'd head her off at the pass today as I am home.
She was thankful...especially since they just got back to Wyoming last night after just having been here visiting! Thank God for this...I don't think my stepdad or stepbrother could have handled it! O.O



Then I sat to watch the telly for a bit...and wonderfully came across DUNE!!! One of my all time faves!!! It was the one with Kyle MacLachlin, made back in 1984. I think we had just gotten cable back in 1985...must have been in the summer between junior high & high school. I remember driving my moms caahrazy...I watched at least 2 times a day, every day HBO aired it....ALL summer long! lmao




I had such a crush on Kyle MacLachlin back then! I so loved that movie!! This may have been my first sci-fi movie that I really enjoyed.






Also, I thought Virginia Madsen's character was so very pretty. I believe she narrates the movie. Most of all...I fell in love with her name.

Irulan.

I have NO idea why...I still love that name. If I should ever have a girl child, I would seriously consider naming her Irulan.

Is that odd? or an odd name...like...mean to give a child, so that she's picked on by other children? hhhmmm....my nickname would be Iri, pronounced eerie. heh. I so like that.

Ok...so I'm a bit odd. meh.

I leave you with this...


screencap of Dune intro found here

originally posted at my lj

2 comments:

Christine said...

YIKES!!?!! OMG ... this is exactly why I don't think I could ever live in California. Then again, if there is one city on the planet that terrorists would aim for it would be NYC and I'm within the 25 mile radius around Manhattan, so there ya go. I'm so glad everyone is okay. Any secondary quakes? :(

I've never seen DUNE. Crazy because I used to love Sting.

dd03 said...

O.O
You have a point about the city...

Lucky me...one of the terrorists' other targets would probably be LA or the base that's on the other side of me... O.O

yeah...happy thoughts, C...thhhaaanks!
lol