Saturday, August 16, 2008

Of Bugs & Squishies...

I'm such a spaz.

Ok...I'd been home for maybe an hour (2130), and was fixing to wash my dishes from today's work lunch. I grabbed the dish cloth and something started to flit up...I thought it was a moth. Yes, relatively harmless, but they make me squirm nonetheless.

So I holler at my tia to come see where the moth went...it may be on my back, right? Well, she comes up and starts the whole "Who's on First" routine with me...I don't see anything, what are you talking about, so on and so forth we go.

So I shake my hair and move about...and she says ominously...

"Don't move...you have a hhhuuuge ant on you."

WHA!?!

I proceed to squeal like a sissy lala girl & do the heeby geeby dance around the kitchen, while she's yelling at me to stop it...she now lost sight of the damn thing!

After some time of looking about the kitchen, I located the huge, red & black-speckled devil ant from hell with WINGS!!! on the fireplace bricks next to the fridge...and promptly smash it. I swear it was lying in wait for me at head level to try and nest in my hair!!

And to be sure it was dead...I washed it down the sink.

I'd have taken a picture 'cept I was not taking my eyes off it...in case it was doing a fly's dead possum act...and then sprung out of the sink to only land somewhere else to lie in wait & assail me!

I had to take a shower and scrub, I had the creepy crawlies so dang bad. *facepalm*

How can I be an RN and handle complete CSI moments with some of our dressing changes we do...and still be afraid of flying, stinging bugs or jumping, biting spiders, I ask you???

*sigh* It can be so embarassing.

Ironically...
My sis-in-law called last Thursday evening to tell me of the twins, aka squishies, new "We're getting big" episode.

She bought them new graham crackers in the shapes of bugs...yeeeaaah.

The oldest twin woke first, and she gave him one in the shape of a lady bug. She had him look at it...and he promptly threw it across the kitchen, yelling at the top of his lungs..."NNNNNOOOOO....BUG...PICA PICA!!!" (bite bite)
...and refused to take another until he saw her eating the "coo coo" first! But it still took a while.

Then the younger twin woke...and he was in the living room when he received his graham cracker cookie in the shape of some bug.

He threw his across the living room, yelling..."NNNNOOOO...BUG...DISGUSTING!!!"

...and refused to eat or touch the coo coo's until he saw his big brother munching on them. (btw...coo coo is squishy speak for cookie. lol)

They now both have these expressions where they put down their little heads and look up at you with their big eyes, eyebrows scrunched or with an eyebrow cocked up...I swear their saying..."ARE YOU CAAHRAZY!!!"

So not only did they have similar reactions to the bug coo coo's...they gave their mother these expressions and have trust issues with her...lmao...yes...the great social worker strikes again.

As for me and the bugs...

*big innocent eyes* ...I swear...I get it from THEM!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh. My. I'm not crazy about big scary bugs landing on me or even being in my house for that matter. But, girl, you're CAAHRAZAY! ;)

Those squishies are so darn cute. :o)

Tracy said...

I proceed to squeal like a sissy lala girl & do the heeby geeby dance around the kitchen

Omg this made me laugh so hard! I think I would do the exact same thing if it were me. Too funny.

dd03 said...

lmao...nooow. O.O

y'know, tracy...i forgot to mention that the heeby geeby dance ended with me stripping off my shirt and stomping on it to try and kill the offending ant.

This is when the ant escaped to the fireplace bricks to lie in wait for me! Had it not landed on the spaces in between the bricks, I don't believe I'd have ever found it because the bricks were perfect camoflauge for the dayum thing!

Hey, C...yes the squishies are so darn cute. Had I not heard them both say "eeeww...disgusting" last week, I wouldn't have believed my sil! Apparently, when they poop their diapers, the sil has a habit of say the same thing...which of course they picked up! lol

Tracy said...

Ripping off your shirt and stomping on it...oh the visual! lmao!

I'm so happy for you that you tracked and killed it!