Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!!!

Well, not actually doing much today as I just got off 2 days of 12-hr shifts & return tomorrow for another 2 days of 12's. Need to rest.

Got up a little early and just poked around, made some papas and eggs. Lazed around some more. Went to the grocery and picked up some baby back ribs...mmmmm.

That's what I'm making right now, with corn on the cob & some nice french mixed waxed beans, green beans, & baby carrots. May pop some potatoes into the microwave, not sure. Will add the bbq after awhile....when my auntie says it's ok! lol

I'm so not a cook! I must have a recipe...and even then it's not a sure thing. I just can't seem to multitask in the kitchen!!!

Give me various patient's with multiple conditions, injuries, meds, dressing changes, tests, and all manner of things to coordinate ...and I'm good to go.

...but get me in the friggin' kitchen to cook food and I'm a MESS!!!
LMAO

Anyway...watching Celebrando el 4th de Julio con Christina. They just had a section with Wisin y Yandel, along with Gloria Estefan & David Bisbal doing their songs with them. Very good section!! Not watching right now as they are showing Enrique Iglesias...not a fave.

Anyway, here are the links to my box.net for a 2 of the 3 songs they sang.
No Llores by Gloria, W & Y
Torre de Babel by David, W & Y

The other song was Sexy Movimiento which for some reason can't find in my music list. Sorry.

Lastly, we had a baby shower potluck yesterday at work...lots of yummy food! Rotisserie chicken, steamed rolls (like egg roll), crispy asian cabbage salad, potato salad, mexican/spanish rice, candies, soda, fruit, veggie tray, and best of all a pot roast!!
OMG! it was so good...I asked my boss for the recipe! I apparently was the only brave one to do so...then, everyone wanted copies!! lmao

My Boss' Spicy Pot Roast (which isn't spicy hot...lol)
2-3 lbs beef pot roast (I used a chuck roast)
Salt and Pepper
3/4-oz packet Brown Gravy mix (I used McCormick brand)
1/4 cup Ketchup
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp garlic
1 cup water

1. Salt & pepper meat and place in slow cooker.
2. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over meat.
3. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours, or on high 4-5 hrs.

She arrived and set to cook between 7-8 am and it was ready by 1230!
Was very tender, and had a great mix of flavor...but then I like the gravy-salty-worcestershire/soy-saucey flavors!!!

I'm not a chef, and my palate is pretty simple...so not so good with the description!

I'm gonna give this a try...seems simple enough...not too much multitasking involved.
Right?
mmmhhhhm.

originally posted at my lj...except i added a pic! lol

2 comments:

Christine said...

Happy 4th of July!! Sounds like you had fun... and a great meal. Yum! What was for dessert? We had this strawberry shortcake dessert from the freezer section in Trader Joe's. It hadn't defrosted all the way when we ate it... but the frozen middle was actually super yummy that way! lol

Enrique Iglesias is not one of your faves? He performed at the opening ceremony for the Euro finals last weekend and I admit he was very nice to look at. I wasn't really paying attention to the singing... I was just lookin.' ;p

Hope you're getting your R&R! muah! xoxo

dd03 said...

lol...i'd much rather look at eduardo, raoul, benjamin bratt, ricky martin, beckham, orlando...

lmao

ummm...i think we just had fruit for dessert later that day.

ooooo...speaking of Trader Joe's...have a class tomorrow in the town i work in...plan to go to local health food place. I've been wanting to find these cookies that are rather expensive. Plan to sample and see if it's worth ordering online!

they'er called Liz Lovely Ginger Snapdragons!