Monday, October 06, 2008

BDB Insider Guide & Family stuff

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'm sssoooo excited!

I received my BDB newsletter and it said that it was out today...but I was at B&N and it was not out! gah!!
Good thing I hadn't seen the newsletter prior to going our I'd have freaked on them!

Was bummed because I couldn't find the Dark-Hunter Companion...which I need to buy so I can get it signed on my NOLA trip!! woooohhoo!

It is much needed. This past week has been tiring...and quite honestly...I was not directly related to M.

Wait...back up...I haven't posted about this...my sil's (2 of them/sisters) father died last Monday of a hemmorhagic stroke. It was so surprising. The funeral service was held on Friday. He will be cremated tomorrow. Last night my sil's mother passed out for a few seconds and she was ill. We think it was a low blood sugar, but they had already fed her some food. So her blood sugar was by the time I got there to check it, her BP was quite high. So they to her to the MD today. They will be watching her more closely, making sure she's eating and drinking, taking her meds...which she forgot to take. She needs to rest...which she wasn't as she's had so much company. They are a large family.
Poor thing...50 years they were together...9 children, 30+ grandchilren, plus greatgrandchildren!!

It's just been a long weekend...and I was even involved with very much. I can only begin to imagine what my sil's is going through. My brothers are taking it hard too.

I've got to get to bed...but was having a hard time doing so even though I've only had about 4 hrs of sleep since yesterday 0730. I'm not a spring chicken, my peeps. I do not do well on little sleep anymore.

Work the next two days and the weekend...I'm having a hard time finding time to plan my trip to New Orleans...and it's now less 2 weeks away!! oi...I keep thinking...I'm wiping out my savings!!
But I'm so excited to be going! I don't know if I'll ever do something like this again...so I'm going to enjoy it!!

ok...i'm babbling now...so I shall retire.
Blessing to all!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

The BDB book is soooo good. Since you're a crack head like me I think you'll enjoy it immensely!!

Nancy said...

I am sorry to hear of your SIL's father and I hope they are doing better.

Can you believe that I have not cracked the new BDB book open yet...bad cellie...very bad cellie

dd03 said...

Tracy - omg! I so love that Nalla's fave book is Oh, the Places You'll Go!!!

It's always on my top fave books!!! I give to all of my nieces and nephews!

DD - I haven't finished it either due to the DH insanity I've been in this past week...but I did finish Bella's and Z's novella! Loved it! I so ♥ Z!!! He and V are neck n neck for my fave Bro's...the New Troika are quickly gaining on them...especially Qhuinn! *drool*