Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I fell in Love with New Orleans!

I'm back from KCon in New Orleans as of last night...I so did not want to return!

I met so many wonderful Minions at the convention, the people of New Orleans were truly hospitable and genuinely kind and helpful. I love the architecture in the Quarter, the tours given by Haunted History Tours were incredibly informative and entertaining without being schtikzy...loved it so much I took THREE of them! lol

But the people and the history...that's why I didn't want to leave.
I plan to go back again...for KCon if possible...but if not...I'll find a reason to go anyway! ^.~

Here's a street band I had the wonderful opportunity to hear while there on my first day out with Wendy and Christie, fellow Kcon-ers I'd just met that am. They are called Loose Marbles, who primarily perform out on the streets of New Orleans, NYC (I think), and possibly other places. I believe that's their main source of income...live performances with donations accepted.

Check them out on YouTube! Oh...I bought a CD.

If you like them...give them some support & buy a CD!! Here's their email (all the contact info they gave on their cd): loosemarbles@gmail.com





Hope you like them...and I hope to post pics & experiences soon! I took over 600 on my new digital camera! lol

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Ahhh reminds me of lazy summer days, resting on the front porch with my sweet tea. I really enjoyed the music, I have to go next year.

dd03 said...

I love the music! I bought the cd!!

I want to learn how to dance like that so we can dance in the streets with them next year!!

Christine said...

I love it!!! The music is great and what a voice on the singer! Amazing.

(sorry I haven't checked in sooner... I'm overwhelmed here at home with the work and haven't been online as much this past week... )

dd03 said...

Aw...that's ok, girl!
I know you're busy with family, construction, etc. No worries!

How are you holding up?