Friday, February 20, 2009

My Blessed Thurday

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've not been feeling well. I had to call off work the last two days...which is not good. Economy is not great, and I'm up for my annual review. No, not good at all.

I blame my doctor. My primary MD changed my prescripton that was given to me by my GI doctor. I shouldn't have listened, because I ended up with severe nausea and vomiting...again. So I'm starting to feel better as I've gone back to the original prescription & will be seeing the GI doc next. bah.

Well...that wasn't why I was going to post. But it will help to put the following in to perspective for me and, hopefully, you too! Now, I'm not sure I posted it here or not because I didn't check before I started writing this, but I was offered a signed book by Ann Aguirre last week! Which was just so wicked cool when it happened!

While tweeting, I let her know I'd finally read Grimspace & really enjoyed it, and proceeded to tell her how I couldn't find my copy of Wanderlust. I'm sure I bought it! Really, I did...but it's lost. Anyway, she offered to send me a copy, and it arrived today!! I've already started reading it...totally ignoring the rest of my TBR! It's awesome. I already have a quote I like! lol.

Included with the signed copy, was a signed bookmark, & thank you card...for reading her book! Is that just the coolest or what? *fangirl*

I was really just so blessed and it really gave my spirits a boost when I got that package in the mail today! Btw...I'm saving the postage. I'm making it into a bookmark somehow! lol wha? It's not like I get a package from Mexico everyday! But...yeah. ima dork. ;p

*sidebar* Must add that my squishies came for a visit yestereday! They are so....eeee! I just want to bite them! Such lil' hawties! And they're getting so big!! V is now wearing size 10 shoes! He's not even 3 yet! His cousin, A...my lil' grandniece I bake with...she's 5 and wears a size 10!! lol I tell ya, they're growing like weeds. I, V's twin, is the smaller of the two, but he's growing so much too! *misty* They are all such little terrors blessings. Don't know what I'd do without them in my life!
*end sidebar*

Back to today...this evening I found out that I won a copy of Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong through Bitten by Books! btw...I found Bitten by Books via twitter! I lovin' me some Twitter today! lol

I'm very excited to get this new book by new-for-me author!

Ok, that's been my blessed Thursday! Hope you've had a good week and an even better weekend!

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Cool :D How did you get the Aguirre book?
Aren't you the lucky girl

Blodeuedd said...

I guess I can't read lol, Ann Aguirre is just too sweet