Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Obama indicates he may revoke Bush's executive order that protects healthcare workers...

Column article linked from Twitter @andersoncooper Why Obama Is Losing a Faith

I thought this article was just about how Catholics may be rethinking their support of Obama...but I kept reading and discovered that the following are in jeapordy:

1. The executive order that protects healthcare works from being fired or discriminated against because they refuse to perform actions that are morally objectionable to them.

2. "Hyde Amendment -- which bans the use of Medicaid funds for abortion except in the rarest of cases -- could easily be reversed by the pro-choice congressional majority."

3. health-care reform will raise the largest debate -- whether abortion should be a covered service.

Whatever you beliefs regarding abortion, that is for you to decide. Just as it is for me. People may lambaste me for it...but I do not feel I should be forced to help in an abortion. I feel the same about active euthanasia.

Can I honestly say I would not ever consider having an abortion? Put to the most extreme test...rape ending up in a pregnancy...I don't know. I'd like to believe I'd give it up for adoption to someone who's been trying & wanting a child.

But...I don't know.

Either way...I would not go to some doctor, or other healtcare workers, and demand he or she be the one to provide my abortion even if they objected. Why would I want them in the room with me if they could not provide me with the best of care on ALL levels? I would think you wouldn't either.

But hey, that's just me.

No comments: