Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Simon's

It's been a long time since I've eaten at Simple Simon's...not because I didn't like. Used to eat there with my work buddies way back when.

Today, I scoped out http://www.happycow.net/ for vegan restaurants in my area via @foodeater's suggestion (on twitter). There are no true vegan restaurants in my area, but Simple Simon's, 3639 Main Street, Riverside, CA...next to the Mission Inn...was listed. I was like...ooooo, I like their sandwiches! So I called them...but it was lunch time. doh! I said I'd call back. Ben, the person who answered, said he'd call me back. OK.

Guess what? He did. O.O

He answered my questions re: their vegan sandwich, their fresh breads they make, etc. I need to stay away from the parmesean bread. He was even sweet enough to say up front..."We can't guarantee...", but did say that if I let my server know re: my milk allergy, they will make every effort to clean surfaces & avoid cross-contamination as best they can. How's that for honesty & service!

Simple Simon's=BIG WIN!!

I shall be eating there on Wednesday! yum!

3 comments:

Christine said...

That is awesome! I love when you find exceptional service like that! Especially in a restaurant. I mean, they're preparing food for me... FoOD! Dude, it goes in your mouth and through your body. It better have been properly prepared, ya know? ;P

So did you get something there yet?

dd03 said...

I did!
Went there on Saturday.
Was delish!

BLT, fruit, black bean chili...which was a little spicy for me, but was good!

I will go back.

dd03 said...

Btw...I tweeted from there. With a pic. lol.